View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 11:08 AM
jude by the sea

Hi Mama and all, I went with an "Asian" theme but didn't have any of the glorious Asian fabrics so I dug through my stash and found some fabrics that are floral and to me look a little Asian. I had a book "Jananese Quilt Blocks to mix and match" by Susan Briscoe. I believe the blocks in the book were for 9 1/2 or 10 inches.. I converted the blocks so mine came out 12 1/2 inches. I think any kind of tradional blocks with small or floral print would work. I know I am not particular and will love whatever you do as I have been struggling with this georgous wedding ring and dresdan plate row and have been struggling with what I could do without running it!

My surgery was more involved than we thought and the recovery has not been fun. I haven't been able to put weight on my foot so needless to say to get to my upstairs sewing room and to buy fabric hasn't worked out for me. I have had to settle for less but I promise not to let the group down and get it in the mail by the first! My husband was nervous yesterday because I went upstairs scooting on my behind. I settled with the black and whites in my stash (would of liked to have used other fabric but I can't shop right now). I could not come up with a block but finally decided to do a traditional log cabin! It is so not what I would have liked to do but with my moms passing and this surgery it's been a challenge but I will do the best I can. After a couple of hours my foot swelled, I got neauseated and had to quit but I still have a few weeks so I will get it done. It was heaven just to be in my sewing room for the first time in awhile and thinking about what to do put me into a "quilters state" for several hours so I am thankful for this challenge!