View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 11:34 AM
littlebitoheaven

Default My New Best Buddy

I just needed to take a break after sewing 20 pieces wrong on my French Braid/Friendship baby quilt that I am sewing for my GGD who is scheduled to arrive in mid March.

Everything was going along so well until I got a bit "cocky" and thought I didn't need to check that my pieces were configured correctly. Big mistake! Last row and I sewed 20 wrong before I realized I had made a mistake.

1st photo is a shot of my sewing room with my design wall holding part of my quilt and the 2nd photo is a shot of my new "best buddy" and the pieces that I had to rip out. There is an old saying, "They don't know how long it took you they only know how it looks!" I do have a deadline here and needed to be more careful. Anyway, I am so grateful that I have my "best buddy". It made this job tolerable. I am sure that most of you have one. If not, now is the time to get one. Using the top piece that goes over the seam ripper like an eraser, it pulls out all the little threads after you rip out the seam. Saves a huge amount of time and frustration. Bought mine on line but have seen them in the LQSs. I need to lock this baby away so no one decides to use it and misplace it. )

Thanks for listening - again.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]393698[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]393700[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails sewing-room.jpg   my-best-buddy.jpg