View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 12:57 PM
Elisabrat

yeah the trim down to is 12.5 so when the 1/4 inch seam comes in on each side you have a 12" block. dont think your alone I just cut and cut and started sewing a block for another swap where 12.5 is where it absolutely has to be. cool. however as I am sewing I look at things and see uh oh do the math and crud I picked a pattern meant to FINISH out at 12.5 so I had 13" unfinished block looming ahead of me.I panicked I cried I thought oh no no more of this fabric as its a boom block someone had sent me their f8th this was it all I had. Then I stared at it again, talked to both Jaba and Marytoddliz and decided on reducing the size of the center row enough to make it the right size. Its not perfect but it worked perfectly. phew big time. So my suggestion: before you cut you look, you look and you look again. Measure twice cut once and all that. So make sure you simply dont jump to a conclusion until your positive its the right one. easier to before than cry later. just my two bits otherwise nice blocks.

Juanita bean LOVE your combo of colors. its coming out very pretty. I am with you on the bang for your buck. three hours to cut tiny pieces end up with something your not over the top about .. well next time just pick a different block to fill it in and still share it with us. I am doing one a week and when time allows one of my own chosing. I still have to get on this week. I think everyone is doing a great job interpretting the colors in their own way and even the blocks at time. Wyldwitch GRAND job