Old 02-07-2013, 01:08 PM
SteveH
Banned

Hey folks,

I thought that I would let folks here know that I am going to be heading up to Mizkaki's place in Orangevale on Saturday the 16th for a EARLY Machine trade and play day.

I am bringing ALL of my pre-1890 machines (2.75 Howes, W&W 8 and W&W 12, White Model A) for us to go over, discuss, plan repairs, compare the different early technology and approaches used to try to make a better machine. I will be trading and buying bits and pieces as well...

Since I am trying to focus my collecting on 1800's machines, In addition to cash, I will also be bringing a few of my "later" machines like a White FR Portable, the New Ideal "D" I just got, possibly the blue "Sew-Mor" 15 clone, the Sew-Rite (Betsy Ross) electric TSM and my Singer Model 20 Electric TSM, all for TRADE ONLY.

I prefer 19th century RUSTY machines)

Basically we will be doing everything with these machines except actually sewing a project.... (Test sewing will be permitted..hehe)

I am planning to get up there as close to noon as possible so that we can have a shot at being done in time for folks to be able to go to the "Ladies night out" that evening.

Anybody else interested in joining us?