View Single Post
Old 02-07-2013, 04:31 PM
Shorebird

Originally Posted by snipforfun View Post
Blanche is a dear friend. She is now in a care center and is in her 90s. Her family moved her to California to be near family. I have made so many of her quilts. Lots of the Bloomin... My favorite is the Jamaica and made lots of Baby Bloomin.. She gave me patterns that have never been published. She is a wonderful person and so talented. She has a real sense of color. What you think would never work - does. Lots of small florals light to dark work great. Her book has been a top seller for years. She is the "inventor" of strip piecing and was honored at Houston for her innovative ideas in quilting.
I have 2 copies of her Traditions with a Twist ( out of print so got 2 to make sure I will always have one ) and have made two of the JAMAICA quilts - one with wine country colors in all batiks, going to Amish black for the darkest (quilt calls for 13 different colors/shades for strip piecing).....I absolutely LOVE her quilts....If you have the option of visiting with her, please let her know I am one of her biggest fans........