Old 02-07-2013, 09:44 PM
Shadowirish

Originally Posted by Vanogay View Post
Shadow, glad you're home safely from the Big Easy. Send us a brief recounting of your wonderful weekend in the city. I'd love to hear about it - where'd you eat, that sort. I guess I miss New Orleans although I'd never go back there - except for a visit.
Vanogay, we did have wonderful time. Did some tourist stuff-took a city tour (cemetery, Lake P, Katrina affected areas, Garden district, French Qtr, etc) rode the trolleys most everywhere they go, and of course Bourbon St ( which was a mad house) and lots of NFL stuff. We ate most of our meals in local small establishments- boy do they know how to make biscuits! We did do one fancy restaurant on Decatur St. but mostly stayed with the mom and pop kind of places....good food for sure! And of course not forgetting Cafe Du Monde and had to come home with some pralines. There was lots of security everywhere,2 to 4 cops on nearly every block, on foot, horseback,patrol cars or motorcycles, so even on Bourbon St you felt safe. Everyone was friendly and helpful (and talkative).
Good times making good memories.