Old 02-08-2013, 06:18 AM
BoJangles

Originally Posted by SteveH View Post
Hey folks,

I thought that I would let folks here know that I am going to be heading up to Mizkaki's place in Orangevale on Saturday the 16th for a EARLY Machine trade and play day.

I am bringing ALL of my pre-1890 machines (2.75 Howes, W&W 8 and W&W 12, White Model A) for us to go over, discuss, plan repairs, compare the different early technology and approaches used to try to make a better machine. I will be trading and buying bits and pieces as well...

Since I am trying to focus my collecting on 1800's machines, In addition to cash, I will also be bringing a few of my "later" machines like a White FR Portable, the New Ideal "D" I just got, possibly the blue "Sew-Mor" 15 clone, the Sew-Rite (Betsy Ross) electric TSM and my Singer Model 20 Electric TSM, all for TRADE ONLY.

I prefer 19th century RUSTY machines)

Basically we will be doing everything with these machines except actually sewing a project.... (Test sewing will be permitted..hehe)

I am planning to get up there as close to noon as possible so that we can have a shot at being done in time for folks to be able to go to the "Ladies night out" that evening.

Anybody else interested in joining us?
Steve, I would love to see your machines, especially the TSM's! I am also going to Girls Night Out on the 16th so trying to get down to Cathy's after lunch, then coming home to feed all my horses, and make it to Girls Night Out, probably won't happen for me. Although, I may try to run down for a very quick short look see!

Nancy