Old 02-08-2013, 09:08 PM
Pattycakes

Default Help me select a new sewing machine Please!!

I have been talking about getting a new machine for several months. I want a Brother. But which model is where I am confused. I presently own a Brother XL2600i. I am concidering one of three. They are the SE400, PC-420PRW or CS6000i.

The 6000 comes with an extention table, walking foot and Quilting foot. Has drop feed dogs so I can do the free motion quilting, plus alot of other features that I like.

The PC 420 is very attractive and cost the most of the three. But would have to get an extention table. Seen on here where someone had gotten the wrong extention table on e-bay. But was suppose to be the one that went with it. This machine also has a deeper throat than 2600 or the 6000. I like this.

My other half wants me to get the SE400 so that he can download Ham Radio embrodery off the internet and make his own decalls. But can I make quilts on it. I seen that they have a quilting foot in the foot accessories.

Please help. I really like various features of all three. I would value any opinions or advise that you can give. Thank you verrry much for any and all help that you can provide.