View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 01:13 AM
CindyA

Originally Posted by TanyaL View Post
Would you post your menu when you have your meeting? Our book club has a horrible time with its lunches. We serve 25 ladies, and have two Celiacs, 3 diabetics, and several on diets who are very picky. We have to have at least one non sweet dessert, one non-wheat/gluten main dish. And heaven help us if we repeat a dish too soon. Good luck with your menu.
Tanya, I had book club this past week. The co-hostess brought a dip with chips and veges, I servied a pear cranberry salad, baked cheese ravioli with meat sauce, and bread. The co-hostess brought lemon merinque pie for dessert. Everyone seemed to enjoy the salad, especially the dressing. I had made it that morning and I didn't think it tasted that great, but by the time I got home from work the flavors seemed to improve. If you google the name you'll find several recipes. My recipe had: olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper, and fresh garlic. Several people said the liked the ravioli, but to be honest, a couple of them kind of picked at it. I'm wondering if the ladies would have liked a lighter marinara sauce more than the meat sauce. I had tested the meat sauce out on my family and they loved it - but they're all males and love red meat. Once I made bacon spinach quiche and it was a big hit. But that recipe was much more labor intensive than the baked ravioli. I bought the frozen cheese ravioli and made my own sauce. Good luck, and you have a lot more to feed than I do.