View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 04:02 AM
charmingsister

Originally Posted by Jerseyrayne View Post
Well, we lived through tornado, then a hurricane, then an Ice storm in October of last year, and we are still here in Brimfield, Mass. I don't mind the snow, I just don't want to loose the electricity, because our coal stove doesn't work without it. We used every blanket in our house during the ice storm, lost electricity for almost 7 days. It really sucks when you can't even shower and have to do sponge baths in the cold. During the day wasn't that bad when the sun was out, but it got chilly at night. I did a lot of reading by flashlight and this time I plan on hand stitching the binding onto my extra large queen size quilt. Told DH we are too old for this, hahaha Thank you all, for thinking about us, Quilters are awesome.
I'm a former MA resident. I lived just up the road from you on Rt. 19 in Wales and lived through all those events. Fortunately we had a generator by the time of the Oct. snow. Now I am in sunny and warm FL. Stay safe. The weather channel is saying over 400,000 in MA without electricity.