Old 02-09-2013, 07:02 AM
DustysMomma

Dabbler, you forgot the monkeys, lol!

This grouping would have been perfect for the little girl they were bought for. She's got girly a pirates comforter right now, and before that she had a beautiful satin floral comforter that had hand appliqued bugs all over it. That was the first one she ruined with a black sharpie. Lisa can't figure out how she keeps getting hold of the sharpies either, since she's 4 and Lisa keeps the sharpies on top of their really tall fridge. She can't reach from the kitchen chair and it's not next to a counter top. I've wondered if she didn't snag them from grandma's!

Anyway, I was going to use the black monkeys for a narrow band around the outside of the main body of the quilt, then use the squares one for backing and a couple accent pieces to tie it all together. Guess it'll wait now though. If I make it and give it to her, even if Lisa puts it away, she's worried she'll plunder it out and mess it up, so she asked me to wait until she's over this phase. I have this beautiful roll of expensive girly duck canvas (that I got 9 yards of for $15 on an online yard sale) that I was going to make some accent pieces out of for her too, but that's also on hold.

But, maybe I'll get lucky and someone will fall in love with my whimsy collection, lol. Otherwise, it's fabric shopping time, and it's going to be really hard to stay on the fabric buying moratorium if I go fabric shopping!