Old 02-09-2013, 08:07 AM
Pattycakes

Thank you so very much for your input. My 2600 is an awesome machine. I love it and the only problem I have ever had with it, wasn't the machine, operator error. I do not have small hands, and there is a lever that you push back to do button holes. I hit it and the maachine would only go backwards. I got mad until I figured out what I had done. Then I laughed my ___ off. Now I have started teaching my grandaughter how to use it and she has asked me to get a new machine so she can have the old one. So my boyfriend and I have been doing some comparative shopping.

One feature I want is the drop feed dogs. I looked at the Brothers site and read up on the afore mentioned machines
and the SE400 and the project runway doesn't mention the drop feed dogs. I had hoped someone with one of them could kind of fill me in on the finner point of the machines. I got my 2600 at Wal Mart. I do appreciate all you help. Thank you for your help. I will let you know what the final decission will be. But right now we are just browsing but would still like to have more suggestions.

Thank you all in advance