View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 01:05 PM
nhweaver

I feel your pain. I paid a princely sum for the hoffman bali pop 2.5" set, the manufacturer should take care of the bleed before they sell the fabric.

White picks up everything, or the colors turn the white a grey dingy color. I am doing the orange/yellows, and have added a piece of the white cotton to see if the loose dye is picked up by the white. when I did it with the turquoise, it turned the white a dingy dirty white/grey color.

Originally Posted by justflyingin View Post
I have been soaking a piece of fabric off and on all week as I want to use it. I washed it once and the color catcher came out pretty dark (a pretty teal color) and so I just started soaking the fabric in the tub/sink (back and forth) until eventually I'm hoping the water will be clear. Right now I'm down to a very, very light bluish green tinge in the water--so there is hope.

I don't know what else to do to hurry up the process. i don't want to run that many loads of laundry! Glad I didn't. I may wash it once in the washing machine once more with a color catcher but I know that I want to make my daughter's memory quilt with this as the sashing. I'm sure that there will be a few squares with some white fabric in it and we don't want this fabric to ruin the quilt.