View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 02:39 PM
Lisa_wanna_b_quilter

Default How Do I Quilt Cross Stitched Top?

The kit for this top was bought at a yard sale in 1987 for pretty much nothing. I know it had to be cheap because I think it is ugly and I was a pregnant teenager at the time with no money and no clue how to cross stitch, but I bought it anyway. When I say no clue how to cross stitch I really mean NO CLUE! It is done with all 6 strands of floss. I guess I didn't know you are supposed to split it. So, it got finished and shoved in a box. Fast forward 15 years or so and my mom (who does not do these things) decided to quilt it. Her first step was to wash it. The whole thing turned pink. A few rewashes later it was pretty much white again so she shoved it in a box and forgot it. After all of this, it seems like I should finish it even if it is ugly.

How do you quilt with cross stitching? Do I just quilt over it? The cross stitched areas are way too big to quilt around. And remember, Mom washed the top several times so the preprinted quilting lines are mostly gone. I assume the shadows that are still in a few places will always be there, but so be it.

Help!
Attached Thumbnails patriotic-quilt.jpg