Thread: My "Free Quilt"
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 10:36 PM
w7sue

Default My "Free Quilt"

I have a great pattern for "The Free Quilt" that I purchased years ago. I have made one and it is in the back of my car. It uses one 6.5" square surrounded by 2.5" squares. Anyway ...

I made two more recently and purchased a back for them. Got the back all loaded onto my longarm and have the top almost loaded when my husband walks in and asks if that is a king-size quilt (he has asked this several times in the last few months - am thinking he wants a different quilt on the bed).

Both quilts measure about 60 x 80. I got to looking at them and figure that if I make more blocks, I can put these together so it is 80 x 120. I could add the new blocks to the 80" side to make it longer.

I must be crazy to do more work or should I just leave them as two????? I really don't have a plan for either of the two quilts so I guess I will be cutting some 6.5" squares (from denim) and making more blocks.

The real deciding factor in making it king-size was a trip to JoAnn's for a package of batting - my lucky day! They had all packaged batting for 50% off and I had a 20% off total purchase (including sale items) so I only paid $20 for the king-size batting!!!! I guess that means the decision is made ... lol