Thread: basting spray
View Single Post
Old 02-09-2013, 10:37 PM
NanaCsews2

Yes, I have been doing this for years. Batting is porous, and I could never figure out why I would want to get it sprayed into all those tiny pockets and hope the fabric catches the basting and sticks. I find it so easy to lay down the batting, clip my backing to my large piece of cardboard, and spray the fabric lightly all over. Then I lay that on the batting and hand press smooth. Then I use my heavy Rowenta (cold) and go over the fabric to smooth it out even more. Then I turn this over and spray the front fabric and place that on the batting, spreading smooth as I did the backing. (If I am doing a quilt, I have tarps spread out on the floor and spread out the fabric batting on 3 tables I clamp together, and spray it. Then lay the batting on the fabric.) I find if I spray the fabric, it is easier to pull that up and reposition. It is as if I really starched the dickens out of the fabric and I need to put only a few pins and pinmoors in the quilt. And all I did was use very little basting spray. No movement whatsoever.