View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 04:14 AM
charity-crafter

All my quilts are made for charity. I just finished a big clean on my sewing room, I donated all my strings and scraps to a new charity quilter on freecycle. I gave her 6 computer boxes full of stuff because I was so tired of doing scrappy and wanted to focus on planned few fabric quilts. I posted about my scrappy adventures here: http://www.quiltingboard.com/picture...ml#post4907571

I had a huge stack of 6", 8" and 12" strip blocks leftover from what I made last year. I put them up for adoption at one of my sewing dates. A few people took some to play with. I was completely amazed with what they came back with.

Now I remember about 4 yrs ago, I borrowed a friends accuquilt Go and her strip die and cut a huge amount of my fabric into 2.5" strips and made probably 20 quilts in different variations. I also cut a lot into 5" strips and made scrappy 4 and 9 patches.

I guess I'm just more comfortable with wild scrappy with 1 fabric to pull it all together. Guess I need to cut down my small pieces again and go for it.

I guess the worse that will happen is that during show and tell when I turn in my quilts for distribution I won't get many oohs and aahs. I feel I've done a good job when, after I finish it , I don't want to give it to anyone.

After I leave this world my dh has been instructed to contact my quilting group and donate all my stuff to them. So I know that it wil be used by someone for the same purpose.

Last edited by charity-crafter; 02-10-2013 at 04:20 AM.