Thread: Sweet 16
View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 04:26 AM
AshleyR

I do believe everyone who has one loves it! They seem as if they are very easy to use. I have to admit that I've only test-driven one, but it did make me want one!!

I also looked at Sunshine 16's at $1750 and the Bailey home machines. In the end, I decided against a machine that doesn't have feed dogs. I wanted a machine with a large throat that I can use a walking foot on too. The machines with a 9 inch throat weren't worth it, IMHO. So I wrestled with the decision and finally decided on an 8700 industrial machine. It has a table, 12-inch throat, adjustable speed and feed dogs. Yes, I can FMQ on it and yes, it can sew thru a pair of shoes! Final cost for me was $420
12-inch harp is a lot and enough for me. I still need much more practice on it (keep shredding thread, but that might be the thread and not the machine) and I haven't quite figured out how to fill a bobbin all the way, but the $5000 I saved is all worth it to me!! On the other hand, if somebody offered me a S16, I'd take it!!