View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 05:34 AM
grann of 6

Originally Posted by leighway View Post
Personally, I don't know anyone who got rich owning a quilt store. MSQC has done a fantastic job with their marketing and made themselves available to the anyone who finds them on the internet-GOOD JOB! But it still is a never-ending struggle to keep up with costs and payroll. One little charm pack at cost, multiplied by the number of folks who got the deal makes for a couple of hours of cost just packing and addressing the orders. Postage/shipping is very expensive. I don't think there's any room for criticism.
One persons said it correctly...have a list ready and pay attention. Jump on the deal and then say THANK YOU!
Oh, don't get me wrong, I am not criticizing them at all. And I know it is impossible to keep a large inventory "just in case" a certain item may be wanted. I have about every notion known to man, so rarely need gadgets, etc. I know I should frequent her site more often, since I do enjoy her youtube videos. You can't give EVERYTHING away. I have had this happen on other sites too, so I just don't get around to getting back to them. I commend her on how well her business does, obviously she is doing something right, or she wouldn't still be around. We quilters tend to be fickle. We are all penny pinchers and are looking for a great deal, and we tend to forget that that vendor is a penny pincher too, out of necessity.