Old 02-10-2013, 05:47 AM
DustysMomma

OMG! If I lived in Australia, I don't think I'd ever buy a pattern! I went and looked at that site too. I didn't see the one we had pictured in this thread, but the cheapest owl quilt pattern that came up was 9 owls that are just alike for $14.40, which would probably be about $10 here.

We were talking recently about the difference in cost for fabrics in the US versus where some of the board's international members live. Fabric prices in that part of the world (Australia & New Zeland) are sky high, but I just got some real good deals when I was in Denmark over Christmas. It's amazing how much difference in price there is between things depending on where you go. If you buy baby clothes at Marshall's in the US, you would get the same item in Denmark for 2-1/2 times the price, yet fabric is so reasonable, and thread is downright cheap! I got 2000 meter spools of white thread for about $4. I got 2 when I was there & I liked well enough that my boyfriend brought 4 more home when he went for his nephew's christening a couple weeks ago. (Shame I didn't try any other colors!)

OK, so today is cutting day for one or the other or both of my swap projects. I'm going to do a little more of this data entry for this bookkeeping project I'm trying to finish, then get at it! Oh, I need to go buy some fabric too, just 1, for my runner swap. That may wait until tomorrow after work though!