View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 07:41 AM
Nancy in Louisiana

Nancia -- take your time -- no sweat. And I know I will love it because of the thought and time and effort you put into it. And these little quilts are supposed to be opportunities to reach out and try new things. I'm in Texas this week so won't be home until Fri or so.

Post office alert -- I know the rates went up, but this is ridiculous ... I went yesterday to mail out one block for the scrappy block swap. I folded it like I usually do and put it into a 5x7 manilla envelope (no clasp, just like I was told), and put two forever stamps on it. That had always been enough. My regular counter lady retired, new one at the helm. Just to be sure, I asked if I had enough postage. She pinched it, weighed, pushed at images on her touch screen (her nails too long to make regular contact) and told me I need $2.25 MORE!!!! Said it was considered a parcel since didn't have any paper in it. I said "But I've done it like this every month for the last several years!" She shook her head at me and said "No way .." That's the only post office locally. So, that's it for block swaps for me -- $3.25 is a little bit above and beyond the usual 2 forever stamps.