Old 02-10-2013, 08:32 AM
quiltingshorttimer

Originally Posted by Jan in VA View Post
I've had a couple of Aha! moments after reading these next pages of ideas and am feeling more encouraged! Keep them coming, please!

As much as I want to, I feel I can't remove the work of the round 2 quilter who added these two wonky borders.

It is SO unlike her usual work....her own quilt for round robin has a lovely, well-pieced mariner's compass in the center!! The man to whom this wonky one belongs created darling, colorful, striped beach umbrellas for his round on this woman's quilt ....so unfair for him to get this from her.

My heart keeps telling me to email him with a picture of her round, which I believe he has already seen, and ask his desire for me to do in mine round for him. I'm also thinking of piecing borders such as have been suggested here, but not attaching them to the quilt, so that HE can decide how he wants to handle it.

Of course, then I have no idea how it will appear when we all stand before the guild next month to show off this round's work on the quilts we had. I'll look like a idiot for not finishing, I suppose, though that doesn't necessarily bother me....I know my heart so I rarely worry about the opinion of others in cases like this. But, I'm just sort of worried that others will realize there wasn't anything I could do about her work and will talk about her. Such a dilemma!!

Jan in VA
while I'm not thrilled with the wonky border, what really bothers me about it is the bright blue/turquoise stripe in it--is there a way to tone it down? Think the white just emphasizes it--and black probably would too. Maybe a dull red or tan? Good luck!