View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 09:20 AM
nangars

Embroidery Machines, from a shop that are used have been serviced before you take them home.

You will not be happy with very small embroidery hoops, I had one, never used it, then I traded up to a Baby Lock Ellisimo and love it. My big hoop I used more than anything it is 8 x 11 1/2. I do a lot of tote bags, also put designs on my jackets and purses. I have had it about 2 years, it is a very EZ machine to use. I had a couple of brother's cheap machines and they ended up breaking on me. I do a lot of heavy duty purses and they just didn't work for me.
If you are just doing light weight sewing like for a quilt, I am sure they would be okay.

I embroidery on Denim and canvas you need a heavy duty machine for that. I agree with the others, go to a sewing machine shop and test some of their machines, most have nice used machines and the prices might work better for you. They will ask you what you are using it for. It is like buying a car, every one doesn't like the same thing.
My Baby Lock was very expensive, but then again I have seen the different in the way one of the other Big name brands did embroidery and that one is very fussy, my machine about the only thing you have to do is change threads,
now if you want one that has 10 threads so you don't have to do that you will pay a few thousand more for that, but it is also only an embroidery machine. My Baby lock Ellisimo is both a sewing machine and embroidery machine, I never use it for anything other than embroidery, for I have two other Baby Locks for general sewing. I have sewn on it just to test if the machine is sewing okay before going back to doing embroidery.