Old 02-10-2013, 01:40 PM
DogHouseMom

People ask me "Was it hard?". Yes and no. Some parts may have been hard, some parts may have been easy. And "hard" is relative to the person's skill set. So far every quilt I've made has had a new skill set for me. Once learned, it's no longer difficult.

I also get asked "Oh!! Will you make me one?!?!". The short answer is NO. I make quilts because I enjoy the process and part of the process is choosing everything about the quilt. I will cease to enjoy a process if someone asks for something that is not already in my bucket list (either pattern or color). There is one exception ... I've told my husband's 3 children that each of them will get two quilts from me ... a quilt for their house and a quilt for their baby. I will let them give me general idea's of what they want ... but not specific patterns or fabrics. Although Hannah's house quilt we saw hanging in a quilt shop and I fell in love with it and pointed it out to her and she agreed - it was what she was looking for, but I was already there ahead of her