View Single Post
Old 02-10-2013, 07:17 PM
TammyB

Originally Posted by Krystyna View Post
Nancy, I suspect you won't be alone in this decision. Do you have a postage scale? If you do, you might think about weighing your package, looking at the cost online and if those forever stamps work ... toss it into the mailbox and bypass the stinky fingernail lady. Seriously, the post office is ruining small business.
I found it's not so much the weight; it's the size. Once you get past a certain size they call it a parcel instead of a letter. No wonder they are going broke. No one is going to use them when they do that. A lot of things I order online now come through FedEx next day; seems to be cheaper than the P.O. (I'm not saying anything against postal workers; they are caught in the middle with all the regulations they are told to enforce.) I for one am glad they are eliminating Saturday mail. I didn't grow with six days a week mail. We don't need everything to be open 24/7 to "accommodate any of us." Like grocery stores. People need to plan ahead a bit. We need to use our resources wisely.