Old 02-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

Vickiec - first of all -welcome welcome!!! the more the merrier

you will hopefully find that we are all more than willing to help you figure things out - this is a very fun and helpful group of women all dedicated and determined to finish! I apologize I havent been here as often as I probably should.... ahem...
just got back a couple of hours ago from a quilt retreat at a beach house that our guild rents four days a year to sew sew sew some more and have tons of fun with our quilty friends with whom we have all become very close. My goal this time was [really??? ........] 10 blocks per day because you see I was 28 blocks behind and determined to get dear Janie done by my guild's Fall 2013 show [really .... this year?? or the next time '13 comes around?]

well.... when you're with friends you visit... you laugh... you shed tough times... you help each other... you may have a couple of drinks.... you experience some "reverse sewing" [if unfamiliar with this task - you basically 'undo' what you have done not quite right the first, second, third...., eighth... time... oh oh]
so... very long four day story short - I am now only 15 blocks behind - or I should say, I made 13 blocks but not really in the order of the schedule I made up for us. I basically sewed the fabrics/squares I was interested in at the time. I had no good camera with me. Since there was a design wall and lots of my friends wanted to see Janie, I put all 122 pieces on the wall. [not all in the right order near the bottom because the wall wasnt large enough]

Here's a slightly out of focus picture.... [in the next post I'll mention a little about my feelings of software vs book and BOM class - have the first two & dont think the last is worth it.]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]394471[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails jane-retreat-2013.jpg