Old 02-11-2013, 06:56 AM
codyormoe

I used Blumenthal Lansing cotton photo fabric for a memory quilt I made. I bought a roll of it from Amazon for under $20, it was 8 1/2" by 120". It worked great, I could cut the size I needed per picture, it printed much more vibrantly than I expected and it washed great. I did a few test pictures trying different drying times, rinsing methods, washer and dryer settings.

Best results I got were letting it dry at least 15-20 minutes after printing before rinsing in very cold water, gently rubbing over the picture with my fingers, paying extra attention to the darker colors, then I layed them flat and blotted with a towel then left them flat to dry completely(I tried hanging to dry but the darker colors tended to run a bit even after a very thorough rinsing). I washed the whole quilt top in my front loader on the hand wash cycle and dried it on air dry, NO HEAT. I dried a couple pieces in the dryer seperately before hand, and even on the lowest heat setting they faded some, not horribly, but enough to be noticable.

If I were to make another quilt requiring printable fabric, I would definitly use this fabric again. I really liked being able to cut whatever size/shape I wanted.