Old 02-11-2013, 09:12 AM
BellaBoo
Power Poster

Default How many chances do you give a LA before saying no more?

This is the third quilt I did not get what I asked for from the LA. The first one I asked for cotton batting, I got poly but the quilting was okay. The second one I asked for cotton batting, and green quilting thread to be used in top and bobbin. I got poly batting and white thread front and back, again the quilting was fine. The third time I sent the batting I wanted and spool of Aurifil thread 40wt of the color she could use or match the color. I got poly batting and cream color thread, quilting was fine. I asked her why she used the poly batting when I wanted cotton. She said poly was thinner and easier to work with and her classes said the customer always ask for things the LA can change. And she didn't like changing thread, it messed up the tension. Ugh!!@!!!! Now to find another LA in the area which is more like find out who bought a LA recently and put up business sign. Even the quilt shop that does LA, the quilting isn't that good, skipped stitches and too many knots on the back for what it cost. Frustrating!