Old 02-11-2013, 10:28 AM
Cre8tvlwyr

just check site to see if there were any more pictures, questions... realized I didnt say anything about BOMs. For DJ it usually ends up being well over $600 for all months plus you need the book and then still will need your backing, etc. When I decided to make her Civ War - I purchased a couple of charm square packets and a layer cake. There are a few fabrics that have Civ War fabrics in a patchwork type pattern all over it. Like "Crossroads to Texas" [forget mfr. - but I got it at reproductionfabrics.com] The pieces in Jane blocks are so small that you can actually take them - fussy cut - out of different sections in the fabric and make several blocks out of that one piece of fabric. This one is especially appropriate for block J3 which is pictured as a fabric that contains more than one type of print and doesnt seem to have a 'seam' in any of the pieces. [cant believe the types of fabric Jane had in the 1800s!] I guess my point is, I know I spent way less than the amount people ask for BOM programs. True I will have lots of fabric left over because when you buy from LQS the smallest amount you can get cut is FQ usually. But think of all the other projects you could use it for! You will have little fabric left over from the BOM programs [I dont know how much] You can get many answers to your construction questions here
Gus