Old 02-11-2013, 11:10 AM
mconaway

Default Double Irish Chain, Red White and Blue - Officially addicted to Quilting

I saw a picture of an antique quilt like this and it is what made me declare - I'm going to make one like that! Never pieced anything in my life - done some costumes for my daughter as she did theatre in HS and the odd sewing project - what was I thinking! Now I'm an addict!! I have now been quilting for a year - I'm not prolific - slow and lots of ripping is my motto! I can't stand it when things don't line up - think I've used up at least 2 seam rippers - or maybe they are just hiding somewhere in my sewing room in self defense-lol. Anyway - this is my first quilt top - I was actually going to do straight line quilting on it and donate for a fund raiser at my husbands office (Air Force Christmas party:-) Anyway - DH declared "We are keeping that one!" So I pieced a back (the last three pics) and put both away until I worked up the courage to sandwich and quilt it. I've now decided that it deserves more than my skill set for quilting so will be sending it to a LAer, I suspect someone from this board if they will have it. There are so many on here that do phenomenal work.
The Hopi quilt was my second pieced top and the first that I actually quilted. Two in a year - pretty darn slow since I'm not hand piecing and quilting:-) I must say thanks to all on this board - I have learned so much here and have improved because of you guys. Thank you!
Attached Thumbnails dblic2qb.jpg   dblic5qb.jpg   dblic1qb.jpg   dblicb1qb.jpg   dblicb2qb.jpg  

dblicb3qb.jpg