Old 02-11-2013, 04:09 PM
QuiltingNinaSue

Dh and kids say I am a control freak and they might be right; I plan certain colors and design in a quilt; do not like kits that force me to use exact colors...do not like trading pieces around and get a different 'take' on it. I buy fabric for quilt possibility with a light, medium and dark pieces that I like that appeals to me. Or know my stash well enough to use some of it. I was in a trade in South Texas, refrained from using red in the block 'cause I wanted to do a 'red dragon' in the center...and when I got it back, the quilter had added a red to the blocks, so she had me seeing red, and yet I had to be polite and say how well I liked it...so that was enough for me, thank you, but no thanks. It is a good thing we do not all think alike, do things alike with our own touches, or see things alike that we can admire one another's work..and I do love the idea we are exchanging blocks....and that they are signed. Wonderful thing.

Yes, that CAT looks comfortable, saying to you, "I need to snuggle, too!" Anael. We had cats inside in TEXAS, and they always laid on the new quilts. And, I agree with JanRN, inside dogs like to lay on the new quilts, too. There are always adorable pets pictured on QB caught 'in the act'. Sorry, JanRN, I cannot tolerate any smoker smoking next to me or in my house or car 'cause then I cannot breathe properly. It is not just a matter of personal choice...but a health issue. Use to be an old song, "Smoke, Smoke that cigarette....".

Company a'coming in tomorrow evening; baked 'thee cake' and double batch of brownies today. Will do the fresh bread tomorrow and maybe couple of pies. Planned oven cooked meals with less work and more fun for all. Big pot of Creamy chicken and noodles is all ready to eat also. Dh pronounced it prefect when we sampled it for supper.