Old 02-11-2013, 07:29 PM
mirabelle

GG I have that magazine and did study the picture closely, I loved the bright colours she chose....

As to a Round Robin, I organised one for a group once upon a long long time ago,, we were to start with a centre block no big deal so far.. I handed out bags for the blocks to stay in as they were passed around and gave everyone a notebook. The first person was to write their colour preferences, who the quilt was to be given to etc etc any little bit of information that would help the next person in deciding what to do.. My centre was 16 inches and the block called Devils Claw which I made in burgundy, green and cream. I wrote in my notebook that I wanted my quilt to have an antique/aged look, no brights. Well the first person put a lovely pieced border on and the next step was to turn the block on point, I was horrifed when the fabric used to turn the block on points was a bright teal, I can still picture it I bit my tongue which was very hard for me, but when the final border was an orange floral I threw my arms in the air and vowed I would never participate in a round robin again.

there is a good news story following this debacle, my DD knew how upset I was so made me make another centre block and she would decide what fabric was to be used next and I had to sew it. I questioned her choices sometime but she always said "trust me Mum" so my quilt has always been known as the "Trust me Mum" quilt and has always lived on the back of my sofa in the lounge room.

How is everyone going on their ufo's ????