Old 02-11-2013, 07:58 PM
oksewglad
Power Poster

In our guild we are participating in what I call a mystery exchange. Focus fabric and a completed block was in the bag when exchanged. Each new exchange was to add a new block using the focus fabric and the completed block as a guideline. All well and good. I was the first exchange and got my block done well before the next guild meeting. The week before next meeting I could not find the finished blocks and fabric. I swear I tore the house apart and concluded it had gotten hauled out to the trash pile to be burned (remember I live in the country) as it was in a plastic bag so no one could see in it. So I trotted over to the LQS hoping to find similar fabric which I sorta did. Fortunately remembered how to sew the first block as I had just made the same block for another project and had the right fabrics to go with and made a second block; took the bag to guild and no one is the wiser until this spring when quilter #7 finds fabric that's not like her initial fabric. Oh and 2 weeks later I found the bag; it had not gotten burned.
The moral of the story--do not trust oksewglad to a round robin. She'll lose it for sure.

Just looked at the cover quilt GGal. That looks like a fun quilt to make. Our guild meeting tonight was on crumb blocks--a SitNSew working with it on Saturday that I can't go to--bummer.

So kitty is a snuggle kitty? Been a long time since I had a cat in the house; but I couldn't leave quilt blocks on the floor for layout--I had a huge floor in the old house that worked just fine. That old kitty would scatter them all over having a grand time. Only took me once to learn not to do it again! Night all.