View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 08:05 PM
GrandmK

Default Quilt for GS with Aspergers + cute story

Hope I did this right have never posted a picture before.
Our 15 Year Old Grandson didn't want anything for CHristmas. When asked what he wanted he would say "I can't think of anything I want and Katie (sister) wants so much and I know there is only so much money so I want mom to get her what she wants. Maybe there will be something next year" Then he would say. "I am sure you and grandpa will get me something that I like but I don't know what it would be. I had been going to make him a t-shirt quilt. He always wears the t-shirts with the funny saying on them. So I thought that is what I would do,

He opened it and was reading all the T-shirts and giggling Finally he said "but how" His mom said Grandma cut your t-shirts up and sewed them together and put on a back and batting. He got a horrified look on his face and said "Do I have any shirts left" After we quit laughing we told him Look again they are the ones that were to small. He has aspergers so doesn't really know the feeling of liking I guess you would say but I know he liked it he never quit smiling all day!!
I have made lots and lots of quilts with my mom but when I did this one I realized it was the first one I had done all by my self. It is a long way from perfect but I learned a lot. Missing her!!