View Single Post
Old 02-11-2013, 10:33 PM
justflyingin

Originally Posted by riutzelj View Post
Guess, rural Alaska can be an oxymoron, so let me add the qualifier, moving to 110 miles northwest of Bethel, Ak. No roads in, only boat and plane. I don't have enough blankets to take what is left at home, where husband is staying for the next two years.And he says i can't take the Poppy Quilt i bought in Texas or the Wedding Ring i bought here in Oregon. That means no quilts for me Guess i'll have to make some quickly. Oh, well, not a lot to do when it is still frozen and you don't own the outdoor play equipment, such as snow machine, snow shoes, skis etc. yet.
Which online stores have the best deals on batting sales and shipping charges? Also does anyone know how the wool battings do for hand quilting?
Some of what i need to go up in my household goods so if i have it already i don't have to pay shipping. Got enough fabric to make a couple of quilts but no batting.
Definitely get MORE supplies to be shipped with your household stuff! Shipping once you get there will be outrageous! My DH is from AK and his whole family is up there--but not that far up! --his Dad, sis, and brother are in the Talkeetna area and sis is in the Palmer area.