Old 02-12-2013, 05:56 AM
gardnergal970

Anael...I echo Mirabelle...not great news but good news.
Without taking a vote it seems there is a consensus that Round Robins can be a disaster even among friends! There is another idea in Quiltmaker that could be fun. A designer took pieces from different blocks and made them into new blocks. Illustration: two opposite corners of a block would be rail fence and the other two corners would be Ohio star. We could have one person responsible for choosing the first part of the block and each one of us could put our own spin on it by selecting which other block would be in the last two corners. Every month a different person would select the beginning block. A person could use the same finishing corners for all of the block and still have a different block each time. We would have a totally fresh and personal sampler quilt!
Honchey...sounds like the snow was enjoyed at your house. Post a picture of your sampler. Sounds interesting.
my UFOs are in waiting. I'm working on PC but it's waiting a day or two while I make a few log cabin blocks for my Jamestown BOM. I'm doing QAUG and my logs have been going askew! I think I've solved the problem but it has meant a visit from Froggy and a new start. The main problem was my backing. I got it at a quilt store but it wasn't 100% cotton...too stretchy...so I swapped it out and everything got better.