Thread: Needle case
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 06:17 AM
Tartan
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
Looks diffi ult,was it. How big is it. I just love it.
The site Craftpassion has all the requirements and measurements on her site or you can follow the links from The Quilt Show. If I had done hers it would have been all figured out but I wanted mine bigger. Once I got my zipper sewn to the proper circumference for hand stitching onto my rounds it was a piece of cake or cookie in this case.
My campaign buttons tops measure 2 and 1/4 inches across. I cut my fabric circle big enough to go around the button and finish as a yo yo on the inside (edges turned in) with 2 layers of batt just over and inside a bit. I also hand stitched my zipper straight up instead of gathering as in the Craftpassion instructions because I wanted enough room for my thimble. I left a little space in the bottom yo yo for a magnet to be hot glued in to make it a magnetic holder for my needles. She finished the insides of hers but I didn't find it necessary by doing the yo yos and I don't mind the zipper ends not being under the covers like hers. I will try to attach a pic of the inside.
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Last edited by Tartan; 02-12-2013 at 06:20 AM.