View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 06:24 AM
quilter1963

Default quilting machine tension problems

Hello everyone. Been "looking" at everyone's gorgeous quilts for some time now. But I need some advice. I have an old (bought it on ebay USED maybe 5 or 6 years ago) Kenquilt 622 quilting machine. I have almost constant tension problems. Could send it to Kenquilt but would rather put that expensive shipping fee towards repair or new machine. Have tried everything, needles, thread, bobbin tension, etc. but all seem only to be temporary fixes. I have taken it to be "fixed" a few times and even had someone come to my house for the tune of $540! All seem temporary fixes. My question is this.....

Should I just expect problems on and off with an older machine? Maybe its just tempermental? Do other people who home quilt have constant problems? Any machines that you LOVE or don't love? I would consider buying a new machine (nothing extravagant....I have an 11" throat now and that is fine). When I put a quilt on, I just NEVER know if the machine is going to act right or not. Tips, advice, thoughts, etc. THANKS.