Old 02-12-2013, 06:30 AM
QuiltE
Power Poster

Wide awake (I think) and catching up here!

QNSue
... I can smell the fresh baked bread!!! Thanks for the recipe and it looks simple enough. I haven't made yeast breads for years and always enjoyed doing it. When we started farming we rented a farm with a very long laneway that in the winter filled in with snow, ever-so easily in the winter. I was still working off-farm and would look forward to snow days, and would start making bread .... memories!

MiraB ... I laughed when you said CarrieM probably had a smile her face when she did that picture. I was thinking more of a snicker!!!

CarrieM ... I was so glad you teased us with the photo, and guess what? I'd been tempted to tell you to do just that. Mental telepathy must have sent that thought your way!!! And before we know it, we'll have them in our hands. Now that's a BIG yeeeeeeeeehaaawwwwwwwwwwww!!!!!

MiraB ... so glad that you and DD were able to GTG for the weekend. Look at all the productivity from your labours. And beautiful work too. That dino quilt is going to bring a lot of smiles to some little person! Your darkness block is stunning and is going to make for a very dramatic quilt. A fun sewing mat for yourself. Great innovation on your daughter's part. ITA the design wall is well worth the space and now wonder how I ever did anything without one!!! Shall I go as far as saying a MUST?

JanRN ... Me-thinks MrJanRN got you the GPS so you could go off and enjoy your FARTs stress free!!! Your RR issues don't scare me away ... I'll play in your group!!

Anael ... I was quilting and not here for the babies' 3 weeks birthday party. Though they were certainly in my thoughts as you saw in the other thread!!! Your kitty looks quite snuggled in the snuggle. Although might appreciate one a little larger!! How is kitty doing now?

DDamsel ... glad you brought your new "baby" home! BEtter watch out though, look like your Mom and Aunt are trying to adopt it away from you!!!!! I'm intrigued with the RR and would join you in the escapade!! My biggest concerns and fears would be the time crunch and whether I could make it ... and whether my creativity could kick in. I know I'd be second guessing myself to the extreme, and worried as to whether the others would like what I decided to do or not?

GGal ... Thanks for the link! Would be a fun thing to do. Next to my sewing machine I have a milk can (ok, a small one that used to hold biscuits) that I toss scraps into as I trim and then dump them into a plastic tote as it overflows. Have done a few crumb blocks just to try the technique. Yours would be a really good plan to go with and I just might try it out ... soon!! Oh, did I say that? I wasn't supposed to start anything new!!

Honchey ... looks like you had a FUN time with your grands and the snow! Lucky the students to have you teaching PPing to them. Are you going to take your FWS/PC to show them what they will be able to do? Looking forward to seeing your new sampler. Are you going to do the sample blocks for the group into a sampler too?

RR summary ... Amidst the horror stories, surely some of you can report some good ones?

Another idea, would be to do a spin on a boomerang swap. At least if you don't like a block you get, it's something smaller and less significant to set aside and not as big of a disappointment. Lower in costs too for sending back and forth.

So many possibilities ... though maybe wait for your BB package and see what's in store for you as well as your BB put together.