View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 08:34 AM
feline fanatic
Power Poster

Actually, the best poly to show dimension is Hobbs Poly down but I suspect Quilters Dream Puff would be very similar. I find the Quilters Dream select to not give much definition at all and in my experience it does not quilt up much different, loft wise, than cotton, I have not tried their Deluxe or the Dream Puff which is their highest loft. If you REALLY want to give dimension, use two layers of batting. Have one be a poofy higher loft like Hobbs polydown or wool. The other should be fairly flat, like W&N, Quilters Dream either select or request or their cotton. I have also done it with bamboo and 80/20 and I have seen Green Fairy do it with two layers of 80/20. It gives wonderful dimension. I call it faux trapunto.

So what did you think of Karen (besides "wonderful) LOL? I took a class with her two years ago at MQX. I found her to be so very funny, charming, caring of her students, endearing and a great teacher. That was in a class of about 20. I bet having 1 on 1 with her was pretty amazing, (and pretty expensive!!)