View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 08:55 AM
Shorebird

Originally Posted by borntoquilt View Post
I started reading the MFG labels of fabric content, fabric origin, etc. while waiting my "cutting" turn @ local Hobby Lobby. (bolts were in the "go back" bin) I ran across MADE IN USA. Well.. I didn't think we had any mills left here so I GOOGLEDthe mill. They are BLANK TEXTILES INC, second generation in Irvington NY, USA. I bought some very nice looking black (Michael Miller is my usual "go to" black) that didn't bleed much when washed and it was $4.99 yd. I am not affiliated with either of these companies. Just thought it might interest folks. They are wholesale but their website has some beautiful fabric lines. Am going to ask my LQS's to look into them. Thanks and HAPPY QUILTING.... hope everybody is dry and warm.. Raining like MAD right now in MESA, AZ with reports of local snow showers...HEY! But it's a DRY snow!!! lol !! FREE SEW DAY !!! wahoo!

Am really lucky - In Stephens City, VA is a small quilt shop that is owned by the wife and sister in law ( as I am told) of the Regional Sales Rep for Blank Fabrics. (Shop is the CLOTH PEDDLER on Main St for anyone nearby). Delightful people, history buffs (what else in this area of Civil War Battlefields?)......and they carry a decent selection of manufacturers......However, their prices for the Blank Fabrics is just about the same as it is for others like Hoffman or Moda - running $11 to $12 per yard.........It is still a nice shop, and they have a good sales rack where all fabrics are $6.00 or less per yard.........