Old 02-12-2013, 09:56 AM
Vanogay

Wow, just realized it Tuesday. Time to get on with Taboo/Teriffic Tuesday. Sorry I forgot before now. I had posted questions 1 through 3 for everyone and then you were to decide if it was Taboo or Teriffic for you. Here goes 3 through 7 - same decision.
4. True or False: Skipping breakfast is a good way to shave calories off your daily total
5. Which "grab and go" snack packs the most calories? a Kit Kat (4 bars), b bottled Green Machine Smoothie (15.2 oz) c Jamba Juice Strawberry Whirl Smoothie (16 oz)
6. True or False: Dieters should get up early to hit the gym - even if it means skimping on sleep
7. True or False: When trying to shed pounds, it better to eat too few calories than too many.

4 False. Eating regular meals helps keep your fat burning metabolism stoked and cravings under control. Need proof? The national weight control registry - a research project that tracks 10,000 people who have lost at least 30 pounds and kept them off - found that about 80% of successful dieters eat breakfast every day.
5. A bottled Green Machine smoothie. Surprised? A Kit Kat has 210 calories but one bottle of Naked's Green machine contains the equivalent of almost 3 apples, half a banana, a third of a kiwi and a third of a mango - adding up to 280 calories. Fruit is healthy, but that's more than you would ever eat in one sitting. The Jamba juice has 220 calories. The lesson: pay attention to calories per serving even in nutritious foods
6. False. If you have to choose between exercising and getting fewer than 6 hours of shut-eye, you may want to skip the gym. Reams of research have shown that lack of sleep causes imbalances in hunger hormones that may lead to weight gain and obesity. Instead of cutting your rest short, sneak in smaller periods of exercise throughout the day by doing quick sets of strength moves like push ups and crunches before and after work and taking a brisk walk during lunch.
7. False. Eating too little can actually slow your metabolism.
Thanks to Biggest Loser dietitian Rachel Beller, RD for this quiz.
There's a teriffic Tuesday in there for me. How about you?