Old 02-12-2013, 10:46 AM
Honchey

Anael & Dublb, prayers goin' your way for smooth sailing from here on in..Life can be such a struggle at times...

I have an idea for a go round but it's not a swap...it's similar to the bblocks... once a month we make a 12.5 inch block which will go to a designated person chosen by a # dropped in a hat... we could do this for as many months for the # of persons signed up...we currently have 13-15??? we could make it a mystery by having one person in charge of knowing ahead who will be getting the blocks that month by giving info as to what kind of fabric ie: holiday, batiks, oriental, western, color, etc. I don't think it would be very costly as you'd be only sending one block folded to fit a business size envelope... depending on how well you flatten the block it would generally be only one stamp, one block a month...This could be in addition to anything else we decide to do... we could PM the person in charge what we like...fabrics, colors, types of blocks and your dislikes... all related to quilting that is We could post photos because the person receiving wouldn't know that the block is theirs...I think!!! I hope I made this clear enough to understand???? what do you think??? please be honest..I think it would be fun!!!

Here is a photo of the sample I made ...it's not finished..it will get a single border with cornerstones...the block is called Pinwheel and it's from Forestquilting.com....these are the blocks that our little quilting group in the Village at Calabash are making for a charity quilt to be donated...they are doing it very scrappy...
Attached Thumbnails pinwheel-010.jpg