Thread: arthritis pain
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 10:56 AM
adamae

Have had a kidney removed due to malignant cancer over 5 yrs ago. Needless nto say, caution is the operative word for the remaining kidney. No nsaids, per MD, this includes naproxin, aspirin, aleve, ibuprofins and Doc says no aspirin. Any medicine, prescription or OTC or homoepathic are scrutinized before ingesting. Salt, only in moderation and Epsom salts is contra to my needs. Even the solutions at the pedicure saloon are heavy in salts. So far, my kidney function is good each time I am tested. I have a sister with polycystic disease and she is losing her kidney function necessitating dialysis. The disease is inherited and does not skip a generation. All my siblings have been tested. Em is the only one so far with this. Doctor is very careful when prescribing pain relieving meds and their side effects.
Tylenol is acceptable in the recommended dosages. Arhtritis in lower back and joints is a woeful experience and makes me feel my 78 yrs. Always ask your doctor about your meds and what to expect before taking them