View Single Post
Old 02-12-2013, 11:11 AM
grammasharon

Originally Posted by Joy Higdon View Post
I have a New Home that I have been sewing on for 35 years. Never had it in for repairs. It is always ready to sew when I am. I sew on it almost everyday. Still looks and performs like a new machine. Too bad they quit making them as that is what I would buy if something goes wrong with mine. I believe I read somewhere that they were made by Janome? You can tell I am attached to my New Home. I have 5 machines but it is still old favorite. Good luck.
Thank you, Joy! My husband has cleaned and oiled it. Seems to be better. My elderly friend who gave it to me no longer sews. she's 94 soon to be 95, lol but it had seen many years of sewing. It has 20+ cams with it and manual. I know that it did sew wonderfully for years. Will take it in to be serviced and let you know how and what repair/maint man says about it. I have a touch and sew singer and he has told me never to get rid of it and I have heard bad reviews about that one too. It is my favorite machine. I really just wanted some information about whether it would be worth getting looked at and you answered my questions! Grammasharon