Old 02-12-2013, 02:58 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

Finally got pictures taken and transferred to the computer... here are the last 13 blocks I made [sorry they are kind of scattered all over the schedule! only the first 6 are catch up blocks the others are ahead of schedule]

First - here are G2 and G10 [from October] and G11 and H3 [Nov schedule ...sure glad there are no quilt police!]
[ATTACH=CONFIG]394798[/ATTACH]a few changes I made....G-2: I did not paper piece, as I love making halfsquare triangles [HST]. The formula for making HSTs is determine your finished square size and add 7/8" - here the finished size of the squares around the center is 1 1/8" - real easy! cut 2" squares each HST unit makes two, so you need to cut 6 of each: background and print - put them right sides together, mark one diagonal on the back of the light side and sew 1/4" seams on either side of the diagonal, cut on the marked diagonal and press open. Both thatquilt.com and the sketch show the whole thing as HSTs, but the center of the original is simply four triangles with no other middle seams, which is the way I sewed it.

G10 was red, I wanted more other colors in my quilt so I made this one green and since I couldn't decided which of the two greens I wanted, I added more interest and sparkle by alternating the greens in my block. I also cut long 1 1/8" strips and measured the right length... no paper piecing [lazy]; G11 I made the way thatquilt and the book showed - with appliqued diamonds on the centers of the sides of 9-patch. H3 was my headache!!!! didnt measure it right and actually reverse sewed 7 times! the centers of the sides containing the smaller triangles was 3/16thof an inch wider than the center.... ahem. I adjusted and readjusted and finally - redo! okay... [on retreat after wine...you get whine]
Attached Thumbnails dj-g2-10-11-h3.jpg