Old 02-12-2013, 07:14 PM
moonwork42029

Default Boom9-Pacific -- Blocks I've made--check back often :)

This will be a slow thread most likely as I make the blocks a few each week.

I joined the large Boomerang 9 Pacific group so I have 36 blocks to make in the next 4 months. They have to be a 12.5 x 12.5 (unfinished) block using a fat eighth mailed to me from 36 different people.

In turn, I mailed them a fat eighth that they will make a block for me and mail it back. Here's the fabric I mailed out for them to use. I'm going to make a surprise quilt for my Dad that lives with us. He is 82 and loves to help me by doing all the seam ironing and critique. He enjoys red so much that I couldn't resist. He loves all the blocks that come in and will be so surprised to find out they are made with him in mind.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]394881[/ATTACH]

Blocks will be added to the thread as I continue to make them.

Here's my first block I'm mailing back on Wednesday.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]394882[/ATTACH]
moonrise - sent the lovely teal and ivory floral that I matched with the teal & green/gold

[ATTACH=CONFIG]394883[/ATTACH]
roseirish48 - sent the fun turquoise background with "links" of bright colors that I matched with the funky flowers.

Hope they like these as Dad put his seal of approval on them before they were packed up.
Attached Thumbnails lenear-fabric-mail.jpg   finished-moonrise.jpg   finished-roseirish48.jpg