Old 02-12-2013, 08:32 PM
Cre8tvlwyr

Here are the next few:
J-2 [on schedule for March 10] I didnt paper piece - careful measuring revealed 1 1/4" squares - cut 1 3/4" [4 of print] All white borders/sashing finishes 1/4" so cut at 3/4" I cut 2 [3 1/2"] squares out of the print once diagonally giving me the corner triangles and then cut the whole thing down to 5"

J-9 [March 17 schedule] is real straightforward - you can follow thatquilt.com [I basically measure book sketch, match it to the original, make adjustments, and cut/sew. I look at thatquilt.com when I find something confusing, otherwise I check it out so I can give you a comparison]

K2 [March 24 on schedule] I basically cut 1 1/8" strips of print and background which gave me the finished 5/8" squares in the pattern. [thatquilt does the same]

J6 [April 6] follow thatquilt - I see no easier way
[ATTACH=CONFIG]394896[/ATTACH]For K8 [May 5] I cut long strips 1" wide and just added 1/2" to the length of each section and joined them much likes parts of log cabins.
L8 [June 16] I cut a 3" square of background fabric diagonally in both directions and sewed a 1" strip of print to join two triangles at base, repeat with other pair and then joining the two sets of triangles being careful to match the center strips.

Finally for L11 [June 30] I redrew that one completely. I cut the center square 2 3/4" and surrounded it with two white 2 5/8" squares cut diagonally. The easiest way to make the final border around is to paper piece those middle sections. If you join the lines of the first set of triangles [in from the corner ones] you will end up with the little white triangles coming out of the center square of Jane's original. Make a paper piecing pattern tracing of this unit - diamond-triangle-diamond. I realize this isn't until June 30 - I will come back to it at a later time. If you want to tackle it and find my instructions confusing [cuz sorry didnt have a camera with me when I was making them] I will explain it better - PM me or ask me to go over it in June or whenever :0
enjoy !!
Gus[ATTACH=CONFIG]394902[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails dj-j2-9-k2j6.jpg   dj-k8-l8-11.jpg