View Single Post
Old 11-01-2009, 06:11 PM
Pzazz

Talk about getting my bubble burst. My DH had to go into work at 5 AM this morning, so I figured I would be heading to church on my own. Great!!! I figure, I will take the the top, backing, and batting for my step-son's and daughter-in-law's wedding quilt with me and use the big tables in the church kitchen to sandwich after service. (Might even get a few volunteers to help pin!!) After measuring the quilt top so I can cut off the appropriate length fromt he batting bolt, I discover that the top is about 8" wider than the batting!!!! So....no sandwiching today, but thanks to the thread on here about butting batting pieces, I feel much better about having to do just that.
So...since I was on my own, I went to Joanns before coming home. I picked up several C'mas prints for gift making, as well as several other things. When the gal finished ringing up my purchases, she says..."Wow!!! you saved over $76!!!" (40% coupon, 30% off all fabrics, plus another 10% off the entire purchase!!) I still managed to spend over $80. :lol: Oh happy day...... :)