View Single Post
Old 02-13-2013, 09:06 AM
ktbb

As several other Alaskan members have said, we have a great quilting community here in AK. I have never done any research on this, but I'm guessing that given the population of the state as being a little over 500,000, we have more quilt shops per capita than any other part of the US...we routinely ship to the bush...we encourage and support one another...and we all understand the frustration of shipping quirks...but we, for the most part, stay here because in spite of some of the things that might be "less favorable", there are many more things that are more favorable...Tho the winters are dark and long, I wouldn't give up the beautiful snow and scenery - northern lights frequently - attitude of "we're all in this together" - and in the summer? well, the average temperature in Anchorage is low 70s and well, I could go on.

My special thanks go to those of you who don't like Alaska, or wouldn't move here, since it gives me space to live here and means that I don't have to live in Florida, Arizona, etc. Different strokes for different folks!